Fire & Ambulance Services

Areas Covered by Local Fire Companies

Company Website Non-Emergency Phone
Kimberton Fire Company (610) 935-1388
East Whiteland Fire Company (610) 644-8558

Outdoor Burning Rules for Single Family Residences

  • Leaves and waste papers may only be burned in an incinerator or proper receptacle approved by the Fire Marshal as safe and not hazardous to life or property.
  • Call the Chester County Fire Board before and after igniting any fire: 610-647-1440.
  • A responsible individual equipped to extinguish the fire must be present at all times and be ready to extinguish the fire if an emergency arises or if it is deemed to be a nuisance by the Fire Marshal, Fire Chief or Police.
  • All fires shall be a minimum distance of thirty feet (30’) from any property line and from any structure.
  • Fires cannot be ignited or maintained before sunrise or after sunset.
  • In times of drought or other unusual circumstances, all fires may be prohibited by the Fire Marshal.
  • Please consult the Fire Ordinance, available on line or from the Township Office, for more complete details.
  • If you have questions, contact the Fire Marshal, or the township office at 610-240-0326.

Drought Emergency Guidelines FAQs

Do restrictions apply for people using private wells and springs, as well as customers of public utilities?

Yes, everyone must follow these restrictions regardless of whether you are connected to a public water supplier or have your own well.

Can I water a vegetable garden?

Yes, water use for the production of food and fiber, or maintenance of livestock, is not restricted.

Can I water my lawn and landscaped areas?

The watering of established lawns is prohibited. Newly seeded and sodded grass areas and gardens, landscaped areas, trees and shrubs can be watered if applied by container or hand-held hose with automatic shut-off nozzle (or bucket/watering can) between the hours of 5 PM and 9 AM.

Can I wash my car?

Car washing may be done from a bucket or using commercial car washes using recycled water. For car washing at home: An individual may wash personally owned or leased vehicles with buckets or by hand-held hose equipped with an automatic shutoff nozzle for pre-rinse and rinse, not to exceed a total of two minutes spray time. Water use is limited to odd street addresses on first and third Saturdays of the month and even or no street addresses on the second and fourth Saturdays of the month.

Can I power-wash my deck, patio or driveway?

No, power-washing any flat surfaces, including patios, decks, driveways, sidewalks or garages are prohibited. However, power-washing may be used for preparation for recoating and sealing a paved surface.

Can water be used for ornamental purposes, such as fountains, artificial waterfalls and ponds?

No, water may not be used for ornamental purposes except where it is needed to maintain fish and aquatic life.

Can Kiddie Pools be filled?

Yes, Kiddie pools which are strictly fill and draw and have no re-circulation equipment are not considered swimming pools since swimming and diving are not possible in these. When emptying kiddie pools, the water should be reused for watering bushes, shrubs, or garden areas.

Can I fill and top off my swimming pool?

Public or residential swimming pools with filtration and recycling capabilities serving 25 or more dwelling units can be filled. Water can be used for single family pools only if approved by the public water supply system from which the water is withdrawn. If water is obtained from other sources, permission from the owner of the source is required.

Updated: January 24, 2024